Greetings Parents and Caregivers,
We wanted to reach out to you, and make sure you are aware of the emails that have come out yesterday from Principal Newman, and AP Nottingham.
A couple of things we wanted to highlight:
1) It is NOT mandatory to get a Covid test prior to the start of in person learning on September 21st. It is suggested, but NOT mandatory. The school will not be checking for Covid test results, nor collecting any paperwork. However, if your child is positive, PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL! Should you be interested in testing, the link from the DOE is here: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety/priority-testing
2) Students were given instructions on how to download a new DOE email that they will need to use to access their classes, teachers will be communicating with students using this email address. Their BTHS.edu email will still be active, but teachers will be communicating via the nycstudents.net e-mail address. They can be tricky to access - make sure your child is logged off of all other emails and waits a few minutes before trying their new password.
3) If there is a scheduling error, wait for the email that will be sent tomorrow morning with a survey to make changes. Please do not email anyone else - they will direct you to the survey in the email.
4) ALL students will be taught exclusively by Tech teachers!
5) Textbooks will be all online this year, and teachers will be providing students with links to the books they will be using once learning begins on the 21st. There will be certain days set aside for the collection of last year's textbooks, information on that will be provided in the next few weeks.
6) Only blended students will be getting metro cards. Information on distribution will be forthcoming from administration.
7) All students entering the building MUST wear a mask. Masks must be worn at all times in the building. Gaiters and other gaiter type apparel are NOT acceptable forms of face coverage.
8) Lunch will be grab and go and given to students as they leave the building each afternoon.
We want to hear from parents, both remote-only, and hybrid, so please e-mail us at email@example.com with your comments and suggestions. Keep in mind our first PA meeting will be Thursday evening, September 24th at 6:30pm. A zoom link will be provided in Tech Talk on Sunday.
Until then, stay well.
Lisa Sullivan and Cindy Kue